The Academy of Engineering (AOE) answers an acute global-wide need for well-trained engineers by educating high school students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and preparing them for postsecondary engineering colleges and careers. The AOE uses world-class engineering curriculum developed by Project Lead The Way, Inc. Its essential content is based on expertise from engineering and manufacturing industry leaders and education experts.
The Academy of Health Sciences (AOHS) addresses the critical achievement gap in STEM fields and develops a pipeline of students prepared to pursue health-related degrees and professions in one of the fastest growing sectors of the economy, including biotechnology, genetics, nursing, therapeutics, and diagnostics.
The Academy of Information Technology (AOIT) prepares students for the ever-expanding digital workplace and to the career opportunities offered in programming, database administration, web administration and other fields of study that require a strong foundation in mathematics, science, language arts and social studies.
BENEFITS OF STEM ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERSHIP
- Generate positive publicity in the community, as well as increase exposure in the market served by the company
- Lower recruitment and training costs by developing future employees local to the firm
- Create a diverse talent pipeline
- Increase interest in the industry by influencing the future workforce
- Meet corporate social responsibility
- Improve graduation rates in Miami-Dade County
- Provide an opportunity for employees to contribute to the community in a meaningful way, making use of their professional training through skills-based volunteering
To volunteer, donate or join advisory board...